The topics are likely to include:
- Principles of message-passing
- Basics of the MPI interface
- Datatypes and collectives
- Point-to-point transfers
- Error handling
- Communicators and process groups
- Composite types and language standards
- Attributes and I/O
- Debugging, performance and tuning
- Problem decomposition
Prerequisites: The ability to program in at least one of Fortran, C or C++, including familiarity with editing, compilation, debugging and running programs, preferably under a Unix-like system.
Literature: Parallel Programming with MPI, P. Pacheco, Morgan Kaufmann, 1997.