Advanced Training Courses at CSC
Recruitment of highly skilled young researchers to work on advanced topics of scientific computing and engineering and providing training to existing staff, is currently a major problem which has serious knock-on consequences on research initiatives within academia and industry.
In particular, there is a need for skilled staff/postdocs/PhDs who are not just users of computational software (a dangerous thing, in any case), but have a deep understanding of the mathematics, the computational methods, the computer code and the physics behind them. This requirement is even more critical when these researchers are working on sensitive industrial projects.
The Centre for Scientific Computing addresses this problem by providing advanced training on contemporary topics of science and technology.
Follow the links below for current and past continuous courses.
None at present.
None at present.
- Mon 10 - Fri 21 September 2012: National HPC Academy Summer School.
- Thurs 26 - Fri 27 July 2012: A First Course on Level Set Methods. Dr Tariq Aslam.
- Mon 23 - Wed 25 July 2012: A First Course on Computational Fluid Dynamics. Prof P Roe.
- Wed 28 - Thurs 29 September 2011: Detonation Physics and Modelling (Part 2). Prof M Braithwaite, Prof J E Field FRS, Dr N Nikiforakis.
- Mon 26 - Tues 27 September 2011: Detonation Physics and Modelling (Part 1). Prof M Braithwaite, Prof J E Field FRS, Dr N Nikiforakis.
- Mon 12 - Fri 23 September 2011: NCAS Climate Modelling Summer School.
- Mon 25 - Wed 27 July 2011: A First Course on Computational Fluid Dynamics. Prof P Roe.
- Wed 4 - Fri 6 May 2011: Block-structured Adaptive Mesh Refinement. Dr B Henshaw, Dr R Deiterding.
- Thu 15 - Fri 16 October 2009: Scientific Programming for GPGPUs (CUDA). Dr R M Kirby.